— TERMS & CONDITIONS –
+ ALL HORSES MUST BE TAGGED AND GO THROUGH THE RING
+ HORSES WON’T BE ALLOWED THROUGH RING UNTIL CONSIGNOR HAS CHECKED IN AT OFFICE THE DAY OF SALE
+ NO HORSES ALLOWED IN BARNS THAT ARE NOT CONSIGNED TO THE SALE
+ ALL HORSES SOLD IN CATALOG ORDER
+ NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS
PICTURES & VIDEOS ARE WELCOMED AND ENCOURAGED. Our sales are nationally advertised, and buyers travel many miles for the opportunity to buy your horse. All pictures are subject to a selection process and will be approved by Auction Company for publication.
• ALL HORSE SOLD IN CATALOG SALE WILL BE SOLD 100% SOUND UNLESS SELLER STATES OTHERWISE. SOUNDNESS GUARANTEE applies to catalog entries. R&J Horse Sales Inc. considers sound is: sight out of both eyes, good in the air, hit the ground sound on all four and not to crib. Horses sold which are unsound in eyes, wind, are “windsuckers,” “cribbers,” or are of known lameness, must be so announced.
• CONSIGNMENT/CATALOG FEE PER HORSE
- $65 CATALOG HORSES
- $50 WEANLING HORSES
- NO SALE OR PASSOUT FEE IS INCLUDED IN CATALOG FEE
• COMISSION IS 8% WITH A MINIMUM OF $30 PER HEAD
• ORIGINAL REGISTRATION PAPERS, SIGNED TRANSFERS AND ALL BREEDERS’ CERTIFICATES MUST ACCOMPANY CONSIGNMENT BLANKS ALONG WITH CATALOG FEE. MAKE CHECKS PAYABLE TO R&J HORSE SALES. For entries that are faxed or emailed in – must call office and pay with a credit card within 5 days or entries will be pulled from the sale. CHECKS MUST BE ACCOMPANY ENTRY FORM.
• ALL MARES MUST BE DNA TESTED IF IN FOAL ALONG WITH BREEDERS CERTIFICATE
• BUYER TO PAY ONE TRANSFER FEE
• NO REFUNDS OF CATALOG FEE
• ALL CATALOG & SUPPLEMENT HORSE(S) WILL BE OFFERED WITH ONLINE BIDDING
• ALL CONSIGNMENTS WILL BE PROVIDED A STALL AND ONE BAG OF SHAVINGS. FOR ADDITIONAL BAGS PLACE ON CONSIGNMENT FORM FOR ADDITIONAL COST. NO OUTSIDE BEDDING BROUGHT IN. ALL FEED BROUGHT BY CONSIGNER.
• NO SUBSTITUTION OF HORSES. Horses not cataloged will sell in supplement catalog at end of the sale.
• Your horse is cataloged for the benefit of advertising the horse and giving everyone a fair opportunity to bid on the horse. Once a horse is cataloged, we DO expect the horse to be brought to the sale. Upon execution of this contract, consignor agrees not to dispose of the horse by private sale. Any horse withdrawn from the sale, for any reason other than infirmity, will be assessed a $350 penalty in addition to the $65 catalog fee. NO BACK-ALLEY TRADING IS ALLOWED. This is a contract. You are consigning your horse to sell AT THE HORSE SALE. CONSIGNOR AGREES TO NOT PRIVATELY SELL OR WITHDRAW CONSIGNED HORSE TO SALE unless injured/sick with vet release. We recommend not pricing your horse to buyers, let the horse sale sell dictate your horses value on the day of the sale.
• It is the seller’s responsibility to have a NEGATIVE COGGINS test performed on all horses prior to sale. When your veterinarian draws blood for Coggins test, ensure that all necessary criteria are met, including, but not limited to: (1) Report is an ORIGINAL for EACH Horse. Faxed reports CANNOT be accepted. (2) Report lists only one horse. Multiple horse reports cannot be accepted. Test MUST be under six (6) months old.
As a consignor, I recognize that R&J Horse Sale Inc. and Sales Staff are only acting to provide a time and place for sale of my horse or horses. I also recognize that all agreements and disputes are between me as a seller and the purchaser, as determined by Auctioneer and R&J Horse Sales Inc., and that neither the R&J Horse Sales Inc. nor auctioneer has any obligation, duty, or liability to me with respect to performance or nonperformance by any purchaser, and that any disputes will be resolved in the district court for Wadena County.
I, as a consignor of a horse, agree to be bound by and abide by all the foregoing terms and conditions. I agree to all fees to be processed on the credit card below.
I have completed this form to the best of my ability. I have reviewed the conditions of the sale and am willing and able to meet both the obligations and deadline schedule.
All livestock consigned to R&J Horse Sales are free of liens, mortgages or any other encumbrances and are free of all contagious diseases.